REALITY: Intern (aka R|Intern)

a l'il yip yap about our internship. a l'il chit chat about our apprenternship. benefits of helping out students and entry-level folks. and just 'stuff'.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Simply put - Interns can be cool!

Because Jengyee suggested it ... here is my blog on intern-related topics. I'm not an Intern; I'm just one of those business owners that takes on Interns.

As a start, I posted a blurb about our current intern and about a friend who has written a book for students and others.

HOW THIS ALL STARTED ... About a year after I started my solo consulting practice, a colleague, Dan, asked if I could use some help - maybe take on an Intern. His son was on break from college and was majoring in environmental engineering. I wasn't sure whether to take Dan up on his offering up his son. Then Dan said his son would volunteer. I all of a sudden became very sure. "YES! I can use (free) help. YES! when can your son start!?" That was more than 10 years ago.

Since then, Interns have come and gone. Some have come back for "Round 2", even. When I last tried to recall the exact number of Interns we've had, I came up with 13, or was it 14? 11? (Double-digit, for sure.) Sometimes the experience has been good; other times, not so much. Regardless, I will share what I can.

Hope you enjoy! - Shirl

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home